Wednesday, March 14, 2007

You Want Beyond Beautiful? Cinque Terre!

A friend is planning a trip to Italy and asked me where to go. My answer is: the cinque terre, or 5 villages, overlooking the med. Accessible only by train or boat-- no cars! Nice hiking trails between them, it's a place of relentless beauty. Wherever else you go in the land of vendettas and vermicelli, you can't miss this one.
Seems like everyone I talk to is planning a trip somewhere. I'm starting to think about Italy, maybe next Spring.

5 comments:

Dave said...

That sounds fantastic. My brother wanted Caroline and I to go to Italy with he and his wife this summer, but he is relocating and the plans came to a screeching halt. We're of a mind to hit Prague or somewhere like that next summer.

Jay said...

Eh, it's no Greenwood, but it'll do.

Mike, does Bryan still have his place in Italy? I'm making a rather large assumption that you still keep up with him ...

Mike said...

Keeping up with Bryan is like following the world cup, something you can do about every 4 years and get away with. Yes he does have the house in Metato. I'm really dying to go back there.

Prague is certainly on my hit list, too. Sorry your Italy plans aborted.

Joe said...

I was speaking with one of my cousins and he is heading to Italy for 10 days. Gawd, I can't wait to go somewhere. For the past 4 years, every trip I have taken has involved seeing family or work.

I remember meeting that guy Bryan, by the way. He has an olive farm, no? Mike, have we actually met?

Jay said...

I think you probably have, although I'm sure Mike's subconscious blocked it out to avoid unspeakable psychic trauma.