Sunday, March 18, 2007

The beauty that is Interstate 10

So I did Jacksonville, Fl to Austin, Tx in a Subaru Impreza with the kids in the back and the old lady griping all the way. Fun, fun, fun!

The job hunt improved, and there were some promising developments. Hopefully something will come up in Jacksonville. I spoke with one old private university that has done next to nothing with technology, and a Community College that has all kinds of things going on. Both could use a man like Joe, but whether the budget can afford him or not remains to be seen.

5 comments:

Dave said...

Are you referring to that private college in St. Aug? I used to have a connection there, but I broke up with her. Congrats on completing the grueling roadtrip, and good luck on the employment.

Mike said...

Lot worse places to find a job than St. Aug (like for instance, Memphis). Hope something breaks soon. What a haul, Austin to JAX!

Jay said...

Never mind the job search, we're just glad to hear that you're still alive!

There might be another position here, but should I even bother if you think you'll get voted down?

Joe said...

The private college is in Jax (JU). Do you know someone at Flagler, Dave. Is it the typical DB scorched earth breakup, or are you still cordial?

Dave said...

I'm happy to say that I am cordial with every ex I have, except one. Yes, this is the one. Actually, I think she is no longer at Flagler, I think she's in Admissions at Jacksonville University now. If you meet her, don't mention me, unless you WANT a swift kick in the nuts. *

* By the way, I am guitless in said breakup. It was a long distance relationship with neither person having any intention of moving. Hence, I decided to end it, and for that I am 'cut out' of her life forever. And a day.