Monday, March 12, 2007

A Serius Problem

A guy I work with loaned me a satellite radio. It has a scree of channels, of course, including Playboy(?), an all Elvis station and my personal favorite, Road Dog: Talk Radio for Truckers. I think up places to drive to just so I can listen to it now. But it really requires 2 hands and all my attention, so little things like operating my vehicle are getting to be annoying distractions. (Giving new meaning to the EC line “radio is in the hands of such a lot of fools..”)

10 comments:

Dave said...

I got an XM radio for Christmas and I have endangered many lives looking down onto the player to see who the artist on my fave station (70s and 80s punk, new wave, and punk influences) is. I've got to get this thing professionally installed.

Mike said...

I've heard XM/Serius merger talk. I wonder if that's going to happen. Air Tran has XM on its flights now, which got me interested in satellite.

Jay said...

Depending on who you read, the merger is a foregone conclusion, but the FCC could still take a year to approve it. This merger might seriusly impact my decision to get satellite radio.

So Mike, if the radio requires two hands, what do you do when you're listening to the Playboy channel?

Mike said...

Well you see, I share one trait with a certain young man from Nantucket..

Joe said...

Dylan does a radio show on satellite that is said to be great. I've never heard it.

Dave said...

It is fantastic. Its on XM and its called Theme Time Radio with Bob Dylan. Different theme every time: baseball, flowers, weather, tears, girl's names have all been themes. I have a few booted if you'd like to hear....

Joe said...

Oh, David. I would love to hear those. Can you get the ftp info from Jay and post it?

Dave said...

Jay? How do I do it?

Jay said...

Carefully ... Very, very carefully.

I'll email you the detailz, dog ...

Mike said...

Cool! Looking forward to getting that, too. Thanks, Dave.