Saturday, January 12, 2008

Myspace song updates

I've retired my tired old Christmas offerings and put up a fresh slew of songs.

Tricky: This one, from the SMASH HIT Anyface album DUCT TAPE SOUL dates back to Spokane days. An angry kiss-off song to someone I can't even remember. Sorry Jay, I went for the 'produced' Anyface version instead of the 'raw and charming' Pophead version.

For No One: This song, from the SMASH HIT solo album LOUNGE is my scratchy, pitchy take on a Lennon/McCartney classic. Campagna really knows how to handle his organ, doesn't he?

Welcome to my World: This song, from the RARELY HEARD album WISE UP is a hodge-podge mess with an ultimately hummable melody. Which was almost completely stolen from the far-superior Parasites. Thanks to Marcus on this one. Paul beats on a pot for a good 2:30.

Heavy Patting: This song, from the 4000 HOLES RELEASE Pophead was a topical dig at Pat Buchanan. When he was running for President. In 1992. Uhhhhh.....anyway, I've always been proud of the fact that Jay, Sean and I nailed this live in the studio, no overdubs, after about 20 beers apiece. Stick around for the circus interlude won't you?

And Lurker, I haven't forgotten your 'best of' comp- just waiting for a couple of new mp3s to come down the pike.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Fucking brilliant, Dave. Seriously.

I'm waiting for the box set.

Mike said...

Really fantastic. I like these "more produced" versions of Tricky and Heavy Patting a lot. Love the ramped-up guitar in Tricky, the crispness of Patting and that you can hear the lyrics better on both. For No One, great cover! The songs you choose to cover are almost always ones I already love. Welcome to My World is just a fantastic song, that will find its way onto mix CDs for other friends.

Is there anything different about the Heavy Patting track? I can play it on the site, but it doesn't play after I download it.

Dave said...

Hmmmm..... shouldn't be anything different. Let me investigate.

Jay said...

What a bunch of great songs!

I remember how much fun that day at Rockingchair was. Even with Joe there ...