Thursday, January 31, 2008

Preaching to the Converted


I'm pretty sure we all like Ryan Adams, or are at least convinced of his talent. My fandom has recently gone beyone that. I'm starting to think he's my favorite songwriter of ALL TIME. This song, "The Sun Also Sets" just blows my mind. His live vocal performance in the above video settles all questions of whether or not this guy is 'rock and roll'. His band is amazingly tight. The lyrics are fantastic. The arrangement: something special. Rave, rave, rave. Listen all the way through, won't you?

2 comments:

Mike said...

I'm more talent-convinced than fan, but this is mighty fine.

Joe said...

I think I've said this before, but Ryan Adams was sort of a guilty pleasure for me. I though I was the only one who liked him. I don't LOVE everything he's done, but even dating back to his Whiskeytown days, there's a lot there to like. Love, even.

I put up a boot on the fried tomato pie from a show he did at the Paramount in Austin. I may have put this up before, but hey, what's a little bandwidth among friends.