Thursday, January 03, 2008

Don't Stop Believin', Dave


The older I get, the more nostalgic I become for stuff that I didn't particularly care for the first go-round. So, whether you like it or not, I present the corny goodness of Journey's Greatest Hits.

Seriously, how can you say no to "Don't Stop Believin'," "Wheel In The Sky," "Faithfully," "Any Way You Want It," "Who's Crying Now," "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)," "Lights," "Lovin',Touchin',Squeezin'," or "Open Arms?"

Frontiers Took Passion, guys!

8 comments:

Andrew said...

Believe it or not, I saw (the latest incarnation of) Journey play live last year at a Polo match in Virginia. Quite surreal, really. There must have been at least 200 fans crowding the stage. And I must say that after a solid day of Gin punch they were not quite as crap as I had expected.

Dave said...

My old fart is showing, but I think Journey sounds good in comparison to what goes for pop music today. It may have been dopey, but they were certainly committed to it.

Joe said...

It's funny how awful we all thought they were, yet we know all the lyrics to all the songs. But, their video where they're dancing around outside a warehouse is far and away the worst video ever. I can't access YouTube to prove it, for which you should be thankful.

Andrew, a polo match in Virginia? Seriously?

Dave said...

Journey + polo = no brainer.

Mike said...

Polo + Journey.. 200 fans? Unbelievable. I think Seperate Ways is the only one on there that doesn't make me wince.

Jay said...

But, but ... it's a good wince.

Joe said...

Okay, I suffered through the whole thing. I'll give you a couple of drunken singalongs, but for the most part it's crap. Especially the last few songs.

Jay said...

You guys are hopeless.