Sunday, January 13, 2008

Golden Globules


If you're into awards-shows-as-infomercials, you probably loved this year's globes. I personally didn't miss the glitz and glamor, but thought it sucked as hard as usual. And watched the abomination anyway, as usual. Was at least glad to see Sweeney Todd take a few awards, even though it was a pretty cool film. I've seen films with as much music and as much blood, just not generally in the same film. Here's the list, if you used your time more wisely.

5 comments:

Dave said...

Yeah, we watched too. It proved that something can blow and suck at the same time. Billy Bush should be shot. He truly sucks. The whole thing was horribly anti-climactic and if they were hoping that the need for good writers would show, they succeeded.

Jay said...

Ha! I really want to see this movie.

And There Will Be Blood can't get here fast enough.

Mike said...

I saw and loved I am Legend this weekend. My list is now:

Charlie Wilson
Juno
Will Be Blood
Atonement
The Orphanage

Jay said...

The wife has no interest in seeing The Orphanage, so let me know when and where. This week's bad, though.

Charlie Wilson is, by the way, the tits. (Thanks, Joe!)

Dave said...

Hey douchebag, I'M the one who hipped you to Charlie Wilson. Joe hipped you to 27 Dresses.

BTW, I left Sweeny Todd fairly unimpressed. As much as I normally LOVE Tim Burton, this one seemed a bit 'Burton by the numbers' to me, and the music (although well-performed) wasn't very engaging. Still better than 27 Dresses though.