Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Zeppelin Reunion Show



So its been well documented that not all of us are Zeppelin fans, mainly me. However, as rock historian, I can't deny the relative importance of their reunion show in London last night. Or can I? Oh hell, I don't know. Maybe the hooha over the Zep reunion is a reaction to the relative dearth of arena-worthy rock out there right now. Anywho, here's a piece of Stairway from the show, shot on some dude's cell phone. Thank God Andrew is here to finally settle the question of whether Zeppelin is worth a shit. As a child in York, I'm sure he had a Zeppelin lunch pail.

Warning: the vid cuts off before Plant can get into the high pitched stuff and we miss JP's guitar solo entirely.

4 comments:

Joe said...

I read a good RS review by Fricke today. I was going to post it, but Dave thinks so little of me as it is...

Read it here. Or don't.

Mike said...

God, that is a well-written review.

Andrew said...

No Zeppelin lunch pail for me, I'm afraid, Dave. As a schoolboy LZ seemed to me irredemably naff, in a broad category with Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits, Rush, etc. etc. Of course my teenage collection of The Alarm picture discs may slightly undermine in some jaundiced eyes the value of my musical judgments, then or since.

Jay said...

Sixty-eight guns will never die!

It's okay, Andy. Dave admitted to liking selections from Britney's oeuvre, and we still respect his opinions.

(And Joe is an ABBA closet case.)

I guess I'm the only Zep-loving bastard here ...