Monday, November 19, 2007

Sports are great


Last night I had the opportunity to be one of sixteen total UNO Privateer fans to witness them upset the vaunted North Carolina State Wolfpack. UNO is a little school that has never been ranked. NCSU is a former National Champion and regular participant in the NCAA tournament. Last year they knocked off both Duke and UNC. UNO played like it was the national championship and won on a 3 pointer with 1.7 seconds left. The entire arena was silent in shock as the sixteen of us behind the UNO bench went crazy with the players. It was awesome, and reminded me of why I love sports, and especially college basketball: You never know what's going to happen.

One ignoramus frat boy behind us yelled out, "At least we'll have jobs when we graduate" at the UNO players. Talk about a poor sport. Fuck him, and geaux Privateers!

6 comments:

Joe said...

Wow, you were there?!! Excellent! College basketball is great. Always exciting and everybody is ripe for an upset.

Dave said...

We actually saw ourselves on the TV report. It was easy to spot the tiny section of people who were celebrating.

Joe said...

How did you score tix behind the bench?

Dave said...

One of my old profs from the grad department at UNO is now at UNC in Chapel Hill. We stay in touch and meet up once in awhile. He inquired to UNO about purchasing tickets and they gave him seven for free! I guess all the tix they were alloted were right behind the bench. I'm not kidding when I say there were only 16 people out of 8000 rooting for UNO.

Jay said...

I don't understand, and I don't get it.

Mike said...

What a historic night to go watch a UNO game! Glad you got to see that!