Wednesday, November 28, 2007

In Case You're Still Struggling With What To Get Me For Christmas ...


The First Post, October 5, 2007
"This mammoth two-volume hardcover set collects every single piece of art that 'MAD's Maddest Artist' created from 1957 to 1987 - a 1,000-page body of work that displays astounding consistency, as well as provoking endless laughs. Illustrating absurdist gags that routinely bordered on the berserk, Martin's artwork featured a keen and detail-rich comedic sense. Terrific stuff: no wonder he's regarded as one of the all-time greats."

7 comments:

Jay said...

$94.50. Cheap!

Mike said...

What a shame I already bought you those purple Donny Osmond socks.

Dave said...

I got you Joe's ABBA collection.

Joe said...

Jay, do you still have the CD with every issue? Can you put up some Captain Klutz? Or any other brilliant Martin?

Jay said...

Yeah! I should be able get something posted today.

And guys, not to make your shopping duties that much harder, but I already own both of those.

Dave said...

When I was a yong MAD afficionado, I didn't really appreciate Don Martin. I was more 'drawn' to the realistic stuff that Mort Drucker was doing. Later I stumbled across an old issue and found that I enjoyed the Don Martin stuff the most.

Jay said...

Sergio Aragones's stuff has stuck with me over the years, too.

Anybody remember CRACKED or Crazy? They sucked balls, but they'd do in a pinch ...