Monday, July 30, 2007

Steve Martin Weds

Surprise ceremony at a party. But the weird thing in this article is this:

"Martin delivered his vows sporting an Inspector Clouseau mustache he let grow in for his appearance in the upcoming sequel to 2006's "Pink Panther" remake.

His other movies include "Planes, Trains & Automobiles," "L.A. Story," "Parenthood," and "Father of the Bride.""

Now if you were going to summarize the movie career of the man who should win a Nobel prize for comedy, would you have chosen these films? What 4 films would you have selected?

6 comments:

Dave said...

Three Amigos, Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, The Spanish Prisoner, The Jerk would all do for me.

Jay said...

Four to summarize his career?

Probably The Jerk, Three Amigos, Planes, Trains & Automobiles, and Father Of The Bride.

But are those my four favorites of his? Hell, no.

Mike said...

I think The Jerk, Amigos and Father of the Bride are pretty representative. Spanish Prisoner is a nice choice, too, as a dramatic role and a damn good one, and I love Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. The Jerk is the one you just can't leave off the list in favor of LA Story or Parenthood, sheesh!

Jay said...

How could I have forgotten Roxanne?

Dave said...

D'oh!

Mike said...

"Oh, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was tired of being stared at."