Friday, July 06, 2007

Chabon! Chabon! Chabon!


Damn fine Michael Chabon interview over to The Onion's A.V. Club.

Excerpt below:

AVC: Your website has seriously downgraded in content in the last year. Is there a reason?

MC: I have to limit the amount of time I spend at a keyboard. I have wrist problems and hand problems. Partly, I got bored with it. It was always stale, it was always getting out of date. I was not adding new stuff, nor did I really feel like adding new stuff, but I hate a stale website. Websites are just so early 21st century.

You know the drill.

4 comments:

Dave said...

While on the Alaskan trip I thought it would be a perfect time to read The Yiddish Policeman's Union. A very fine story and very, very interesting. He is one of the finest writers out there right now. Can't put it in the same league with Kavalier and Clay, but that might be one of those once in a lifetime works.

Jay said...

I agree with you, sir. He's a damn fine writer, but Kav & Clay was lightning in a bottle ...

I've got about 100 pages left of Yiddish Policeman's Union.

Dave said...

I bought the Mysteries of Pittsburgh today for the beach this weekend. Let me know what you think about Yid.

Jay said...

Will do.