Friday, July 06, 2007

Replacements Pull Prank On Young Fresh Fellows

Another interview! This time it's the Replacements, circa 1984 1988 or so.

And from The Star-Tribune, an update on Westy's hand injury:
"I'm one-third of the way to being possibly 80 percent all better," he said the other day. Translation: Doctors say he will regain 80 percent use of his hand, but recovery will take 18 months. He's about six months into the process.

As for his left hand, he suffered nerve damage in the webbed area between the ring and pinkie fingers. "It still feels like I've got 12 pins in it. It feels like I have something in my hand and I want to put it down and I realize it's my finger," he said. "I cut an artery and severed 12 nerves. Half of the ring finger is numb and the other half is tingling like it's growing back the nerves. It's just another guitar player's injury. I used to have swelling in the elbows from playing guitar."

As for his recording career, the singer-songwriter recently sent 60 songs to his manager to try to figure out what to do with them. He said he's had offers from Universal and Sony to start his own label, but he's not interested. "I'm busy learning how to play guitar," he concluded. "It's like I'm 15 again. It's attached to my hip. I'm playing cleaner and my rhythm is better because I can't do as much with my left hand."

2 comments:

Dave said...

Priceless. And good update on Paul. I have to disagree with the date of this inteview though, as that's clearly Slim on the far left and he wouldn't have been around until 88 or so.

Jay said...

Ooh, good catch.