Monday, June 18, 2007

Jackie Earle Haley News!

One of my pet obsessions used to be wondering whatever happened to Jackie Earle Haley, the little guy from The Bad News Bears and Breaking Away. I couldn't understand how he just disappeared when he was such an obvious talent. After toiling in obscurity for twenty-something years as a pizza delivery guy, a limousine chauffeur, and a security guard, Haley made an amazing comeback (including an Oscar nomination!) last year for his role as a somewhat sympathetic pedophile in Little Children.

Anyway, there's a rumor circulating today on the internets that he has been offered the role of Rorschach in Zack Snyder's Watchmen, which I mentioned to you bastards before. This is incredible news, and I hope he gets the part. Here's an article about said rumor.

Oh, and Entertainment Weekly has a pretty interesting article about Mr. Haley over here.

3 comments:

Mike said...

He was very memorable in spite of the briefness of his career. Nice to see it being resurrected. Did I see that he'd done some behind-the-camera work recently as well?

Dave said...

I think I heard my first on-screen curse word in 'Bad News Bears'.

Jay said...

He owns a production company and directs local commercials (good ones!) out of San Antonio.

Check out JEH Productions.