Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Work Travel Bad



The term "unbelievably bad" can no longer be used to describe air travel, because no matter how bad it is, it's all too believable. I mean, we got planes landing in fucking Hudson Rivers, for chrissakes. So my trip to Vermont was simply bad. Canceled flight bad, 10-hour layover bad, checking in to an Indian-run motel at 2 a.m. and having to stand outside in 10 degree weather at the after-hours check-in window bad. And 10 degrees is plenty damn cold for a Tennessee wuss. Kept fucking thinking about fucking Joe's last fucking work fucking travel fucking post.

I did get to spend a few not-horrid hours in historic Philadeathia and learned some interesting facts about the Liberty Bell (it didn't have crack in it, but "A" crack, a literal crack in it, go figure).

Just got home sweet home and the old place feels like Christmas in heaven.

4 comments:

Joe said...

I feel for ya', Lurker.

Jay said...

Welcome back, sir.

Dave said...

You made sure to hit every bad travel milestone. I admire your completist nature.

Mike said...

I bask in your sympathy. (My "completist nature," I'm still laughing at that one!)