Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Shit


Looks like me and my wisdom teeth are about to part ways. I am totally opposed to the removal of wisdom teeth if they are not causing problems. Seems like most new-fangled dentists are all about yanking them out rather indiscriminately. Mine grew in straight and none are impacted or causing any jaw problems. However. I do have a very deep cavity in one- deep enough that it needs to come out. In the interests of balance and so that my top wisdom teeth won't shred my gums when there is no match below, they are all going. Guess how I'll be spending MLK/Inauguration weekend?

5 comments:

Jay said...

Damn Dave, sorry to hear it. Get the prescription filled.

Joe said...

That sucks, Dave. I had mine done and it was relatively painless, and I healed up quickly. Hopefully you will do the same.

This post is a nice analogy for the meeting I sat through today, though.

Mike said...

Joe made me think, "what's worse than work travel?" Thanks for providing the answer, Dave.

I wouldn't call my wisdom teeth extraction pleasant, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Good luck and milk it for all you can.

Dave said...

The sad thing is my school had a FOUR DAY WEEKEND that week. My plan was to go to Asheville, get drunk and play and record music. Instead I'll drool, eat pudding, and moan and whine a lot. Come to think of it, it's almost the same.

Mike said...

Ha! Art is born of misery.