Friday, July 18, 2008

Every word is true........



Saw The Dark Knight last night at midnight, which was a first for me and a movie opening. But I'm a teacher, and that's the kind of stuff summers are for! Every word praising Heath Ledger in particular and the movie in general is earned. He totally lost himself in the role-you are never really cognizant that its an actor playing the Joker, it just IS the Joker. A performance for the ages and a movie that really had me thinking about good, evil, and what constitutes either in the post 9/11 world. I will probably see it again in the theater, something I haven't done since 1977.

7 comments:

Mike said...

Wow, I'm so stoked! I'll catch it for the weekend is over. Nice going on the midnight movie, that sounded like fun.

Andrew said...

You went to see Looking for Mr. Goodbar TWICE?

Dave said...

Actually, it was the Goodbye Girl. I just love that song.....

Joe said...

I'm stoked to see it today! Batman, not the Goodbye Girl, though I don't think you can beat the combination of Marsha Mason and Richard Dreyfuss riffing on Neil Simon. Or naked Diane Keaton.

Joe said...

David, as usual you speak the truth. It's brilliant.

Mike said...

I went to catch it yesterday afternoon and all matinees were already sold out--even with the thing playing on 3 flippin' screens! Saw Hellboy 2 instead, but my disappointment made it hard to enjoy.

Jay said...

I'm seeing it tonight.