Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Forgotten Memphis Music


The Moves - "Are You Ready!"

The Moves were a short-lived band (1998?) fronted by Daniel Jones, former Subteens drummer and flake extraordinaire. As I recall, Daniel abruptly departed our little dysfunctional family at the height of our creativity, citing as his reason for quitting that no one talks to the drummer. I'm not sure where he is today, but I don't think he's playing out. The last time I saw him he was delivering sandwiches to my work group, but he didn't see me.

Still, great song. I should explain that it was intended as a brief set opener.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I think I almost remember Daniel, but not quite. Fucking drummers. Great little set opener here, for sure.

Jay said...

Dave's band played a show with Daniel's band, as I recall. You remember Dave, right? Used to post here before he became a world traveler?