Monday, July 14, 2008

First Music Video With No Cameras


Radiohead, naturally.

Two technologies were used to capture 3D images: Geometric Informatics and Velodyne LIDAR. Geometric Informatics scanning systems produce structured light to capture 3D images up close, while a Velodyne Lidar system that uses multiple lasers is used to capture large environments such as landscapes. In this video, 64 lasers rotating and shooting in a 360 degree radius 900 times per minute produced all the exterior scenes.

4 comments:

Mike said...

My only question is why you would think you have to explain Geometric Informatics and Velodyne LIDAR? Why, it was only last week Dave and I were talking about improving ethernet output packet payloads on our high-def scanners.

Mike said...

Unrelated: The Hold Steady have a new CD. Is anyone on it?

Jay said...

I know you, Dave and Andy know about all that stuff, but I have to post for the lowest common denominator, and I think we all know who that is: the same bastard who's looking into the new Hold Steady.

Joe said...

Hey, I was thinking about getting the new Hold Steady!

You know, the only thing worse than creative people is smart people.