Monday, July 28, 2008

Hyphenation


Add to your Netflix lists Gentlemen. I am probably 8 years behind the times with you BBC-loving fools, but I am very taken with this series, in which a stoic police officer, his even-more-stoic one-legged side-kick, and not-quite-as-stoic-but-plucky-and-non-lesbisciously-tomboy'ish female driver solve muuuuuurders (why always murders? What's wrong with an interesting breach of the peace, or loitering with intent?) on the south coast of England during the Second World War. One episode to the disc, which is annoying, but at 1 hour 40 minutes, understandable.

4 comments:

Dave said...

I will check it out. I love murders. If you combined the death rate in series like this and the novels of Agatha Christie, PD James, Ruth Rendell and Dorothy Sayers, the UK would have a higher murder rate than say, Rwanda or Detroit.

Jay said...

My wife wants to know if she can hang out with you for awhile. Not only does she LOVE this and every other British murder mystery series, she has an appreciation for your avatar that borders on the ridiculous ...

Mike said...

Maybe if I'd stayed with the pink boots I'd have avatar groupies.

Jay said...

Well, you'd have Joe's attention.