Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm Back!



Back home after a loooong stretch away. We were in WA, ID, and MT for a week visiting family and hanging out, and then up to NY to see Caroline's family. While there we took in a Yankee's game (an 18-7 drubbing of the Rangers with the 'Stache hitting a grand slam), checked out Arthur Ave. in the Bronx, spent a day at the Museum of Natural History and met up with a fellow Durhamite randomly at some restaurant in the East Village. The Hartleys threw a fantastic 4th of July pool party with four grilled tenderloins and a keg of Yeungling. Then Caroline and I tooled around New England, with stops in Providence, RI, Kittery, ME, Portsmouth, NH, Montpelier and Burlington, VT and Albany and Lake George, NY. Vermont must be one of the most beautiful places in the country. Photos will be showing up soon on Facebook. I hope you Bastards are having a good summer.

3 comments:

Joe said...

You were gone? Seriously, welcome back. Sounds like a great trip. And reminds me why I need to get back into education.

Jay said...

Yes, welcome back. My summer is a blur.

Mike said...

Summer? Is it summer?

Nice travels, Dave. How're the new recordings shaping up?