Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Wilco's Sky Blue Sky

I heard the title track from the new Wilco album on the way home, sounded great. Salon says "Dispensing with the buzzy, blurry electronics of 2002's "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" and the opaque artiness of 2004's "A Ghost Is Born," Jeff Tweedy and Co. have fearlessly jumped headfirst into ... sun-dappled folk-rock. Good thing, too, because the album is a sparkling, clean-cut gem."

Who still has some music money for the week?

(The photo above showing Pip, Happy & Tweedy from Happy's Circus is more fun to look at than any of the images of Jeff Tweedy I could find.)

4 comments:

Joe said...

I've heard a couple of tracks on it and have liked what I've heard. They were also on 'prairie home companion' this weekend and did six or seven songs, two or three of which I think were from the new album. I'm sure I'll get it at some point, but may have to wait until some money drops out of the sky.

I was wondering why you put a picture of the Subteens for a post about Wilco...

Mike said...

Actually, I heard money is going to start dropping from the sky in Austin. Oh, wait! Not till September.

I'm a little tapped out, too. I need to either make some money, or ween my truck off of gasoline.

Mike said...

I LOVE the Subteens.

Jay said...

I think Joe should pony up, for no particular reason that I can think of.

I LOVE being tapped out! No wait, I've just gotten used to it.