Friday, May 11, 2007

Shit.

The Austin City Limits Music Festival has released its lineup for next year's festival. Not to continue the "whinge" about leaving the Live Music Capital of the World(seriously, they call it that), but come on! Bob Dylan is fucking headlining?!! Not to mention Bloc Party, Lucinda, Decemberists, Amy Whinehouse, Steve Earle, Peter Bjorn and John, the National, Patterson Hood, and Farmer Jason (Jason of Jason & the Scorchers doing the kiddie rock thing), and Spoon among others. Every year I've been here I've been very lukewarm about the line-ups, and now it's a killer. They're doing it on purpose. Fuckers.

On the bright side, I have to return sometime in the fall to defend my dissertation. I may have to make it conveniently happen right around festival time.

3 comments:

Dave said...

I sincerely feel for you my brother. Welcome to my life. I used to live a literal stones throw from Jazzfest and it is still my favorite holiday. I have been unable to attend for the last couple of years and it kills me.

Mike said...

That is a ridiculous lineup!

Jay said...

Salt in the wound! How easy is it to defend with a hangover, anyway?