Sunday, April 20, 2008

For Your Consideration: Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!


I really like Nick Cave but I can't claim to be a huge fan. I've only got a couple of albums (Murder Ballads is an all-time fave) but every time he has something on a compilation album, it ends up being my favorite piece. Look for his cover of 'Let it Be' on the I Am Sam soundtrack, his cover of 'Tower of Song' on the Leonard Cohen tribute I'm Your Fan or his own 'Until the End of the World' on the Until the End of the World soundtrack.

His new one, Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! is really fantastic. The sometimes wordy monlogues are couched in really nice melodies and the band sounds spiky and great. Check it out for yourself at the Fickle Tickling Pickle. Reactions, please.

8 comments:

Mike said...

Awesome! Like you, I've picked up a number of great songs from various sources, but only have the CD Murder Ballads. Delighted to get more.

Joe said...

Brilliant! I was going to pick this up. If anyone is interested in Grinderman, I can re-up it. It spent a lot of time in my CD player last summer.

Mike said...

I am anyone and interested, thanks!

Dave said...

Me too. I'm really digging this one.

Joe said...

This is great.

Jay said...

I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't gotten to it yet. Too much rock lately.

Thanks in advance.

Joe said...

Jay was kind enough to put up the Grinderman again. It's different.

Mike said...

Dave, I wouldn't have pegged Dig as an album you would, well, dig. Haven't made my mind up about it yet. On to Grinderman..