Wednesday, November 29, 2006

While you guys are evidently recovering from turkey poisoning...

I've been working. Yes, hard at work on my latest Christmas album for my family. Unfortunately for them, the songs I choose to put on the Christmas album tend to be dark, dire, sad, and concern the lives of junkies, dead cowboys, lost souls, and bad Santas. This year I'm including my version of Hallelujah. I think I'm the 3,657th person to record this song. My version isn't as good as Jeff Buckley, Rufus Wainwright, Leonard Cohen, Damien Rice, or Bono, but it is a damn sight better than versions by Oscar the Grouch, Clay Aiken, and Terry Bradshaw. Pop on over to my Myspace page for a preview.

3 comments:

Jay said...

Excellent version, indeed.

Dave said...

Doh! I just discovered that Willie Nelson has a version on his new album with Ryan Adams, Songbird. I have no doubt that mine just slipped one more notch down the list....or as Joe would say, if he still posted here, you suck Jay.

Joe said...

Man, that's great, Dave. I've never been as much of a Buckley fan (Tim or Jeff) as I should be. Maybe I'll rethink that.