Friday, November 17, 2006

Not me, baby, I'm too precious...

Fuck off!

Good show. Something weird. On a couple of songs, they had a recording of her counting off, so it would go '1-2-3-4' but she was 10 feet from the mic, and not counting off. Later, as they were playing 'Chain Gang' (I think) she kind of messed up and the guitar player was trying to show her where the chords were and she said 'now you all know my parts are taped' and yelled at the guy behind a control board on stage 'you're fired!' I know she wasn't lip-synching, but I think she wasn't actually playing. Wouldn't have mattered b/c you could never hear her guitar anyway.

Otherwise, it was a great show. She's still got that great voice, and is a helluva performer. Martin absolutely pounds away. The other two guys were good. Her guitar player is a bit too clean, maybe, but can't really complain about that. It also could've been longer. That said, I'd go see 'em again.

There's a not terribly informative article about the early days on Dave's magazine site:

1 comment:

Jay said...

Exxxcellent. That is weird about the recorded count-offs and guitar.