Tuesday, April 03, 2007

An Invitation

Costello and the Imposters are playing in Washington DC at the famed 9:30 Club on May 18 (which is a Friday night). Tickets to this intimate venue go on sale on Saturday. I'm definitely going, as is my good friend Andy from Washington DC. Any of you other gals up for this? I'd be happy to score as many tickets as possible (not sure of the limit though). Accomodations will be provided, so no expenditures there. I know this is probably difficult or even impossible, but I thought I'd put it out there. By the way, the raison d'etre is the rerelease of some of the original albums on Universal music and some compilations, such as the one pictured above. Any takers, pussies?

9 comments:

Dave said...

Ummm...instant update. Just after I posted this, I received advance notification that the tickets were going on sale early, and could only be charged early to a VISA. I did it, cause I'm an idiot. They're spendy. Let me know if you can come, we'll work it out.

Jay said...

Oh hell no, but I'd love to.

Joe said...

How many tickets did you get, Dave?

Dave said...

I actually got just enough for me, Andy, and his wife. Again, it was the 'oh shit! I've gotta get 'em' response. I just checked the link and they aren't sold out yet.

Mike said...

I had a similar experience with an EC show at Mud Island, but ended up with too many tickets and practically gave some away. Must've been around '94-'95, did you make that one, Jaime? With Crash Test Dummies, I believe.

Have fun, Dave. DC is as close as they get to Memphis on this tour. :-(

Jay said...

Funny you should mention that show; I was there with Dave! Remember that stupid bitch behind us who talked through every song she didn't know and then had the cajones to ask us to sit down during "Pump It Up?"

Joe said...

I was at that show with ya'll. It was with the reformed attractions.

Mike said...

I had great seats, 5th row or something like that. Do you remember Rusty Rainy, Jay? He was managing a Cats Records. He setup my buy order on the ticketmaster terminal early and then started hitting the BUY button over and over at the moment they went on sale so it would trigger as soon as they were available. So, come to think of it, why the hell was I back on the 5th row?

Jay said...

Damn, I forgot the Attractions had kissed and made up for that tour. Anybody besides Dave read that book by Bruce Thomas? (Is it The Big Wheel?)

Why indeed, Mike.