Wednesday, April 04, 2007

But Is It Perfect?

I applied for a job at the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame. Seriously.

Anyway, I was going through their website and looked at the Who's bio. It calls Who's Next "a flawless album of discreet numbers." So I came home and listened to it, and I would have to say that yes, it is flawless. Perfect, even.

So what are the other flawless albums? I can't even include 'Blonde on Blonde' because it's got "Rainy Day Women" which for me is kind of a mole on the album. Right now, all I can come up with is:

"Tonight's The Night" by Neil Young and Crazy Horse.
"Sticky Fingers" by some band I can't remember the name of.
"The Clash" by The Clash.

What else?

9 comments:

Dave said...

I think Who's Next is a perfect album, and I'm not even the biggest Who fan in the world. I think This Year's Model comes awfully damn close, as does the Denzil album, Pub. Revolver is perfect. The first (and only?) Fear album is great snotty American punk track for track. Screaming for Vengeance by Judas Priest is a perfect metal album.

Joe said...

Revolver, hell yeah. And I would need to add 'Live at Folsom Prison' as well. My Aim is True would have to be considered as well.

Dave said...

MAIT is awesome, but a couple of the numbers drag a little for me. I prefer the blowtorch of This Year's Model. I can't believe I forgot to put Back in Black in my initial list of absolutely perfect albums.

Jay said...

All of the above, plus these for me:

Never Mind The Bollocks Here's The Sex Pistols

London Calling

#1 Record/Radio City

Pet Sounds

The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust

Lust For Life

Nevermind

Giant Steps

Dookie

John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band

Destroyer

Pleased To Meet Me

Led Zeppelin IV

Nevermind

Blizzard Of Ozz

Dark Side Of The Moon

Saturation

The Game

OK Computer

Abbey Road

The Ramones

Moondance

Mike said...

Wow, sorry to be joining this discussion so late! I don't have much to add to your lists, seems like there's always a track or 2 that dooms a nearly perfect effort (Within you without you, anyone?). My list would include Bone Machine, Let it Bleed and Weezer.

Joe said...

Mmmm...Saturation...

Joe said...

I always find myself skipping over either 'Shooting Dirty Pool, I Don't Know, or Red Red Wine.' I would almost put 'Let It Be,' but 'Gary's got a Boner' doesn't always do it for me. Tim is pretty close, though.

Dave said...

Man, Weezer's Pinkerton is a must add to the list (unless that's the one Mike was referring to). All of Jay's are awesome. I wish I could think of stuff.

Mike said...

Pinkerton is great and geez, I forgot Appetite for Destruction! And, seriously, On the Track by Leon Redbone.