Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Jarvis Cocker Seems Cool

Very interesting Jarvis Cocker interview over at Pitchfork (shudder). He's a fascinating dude; for example, as guest editor of The Observer Music Monthly, he organized a panel to determine whether or not music still matter(s).

It was just a question that had been on my mind a lot at that particular time, because there seems to be a contradiction in the fact that there's more music around and more channels or downloading music or more channels on TV, and yet at the same time, in some ways it doesn't seem to be as vital as it once was. It seems to be just another entertainment option or lifestyle enhancement aid or something. And it's something that I've been thinking about.

And when you're done with the article, you can listen to his entire solo album from Spinner. I haven't made it all the way through, but anybody who writes a song whose full tile is "Cunts Are Still Running The World" is okay with me.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Audiophile on Salon has a review of his new album
http://www.salon.com/ent/audiofile/

and and mp3 available
http://www.worlds-fair.net/mail/Running_The_World.mp3

Jay said...

Thank ye, sir.

Mike said...

Nice interview, though not as good as one I read recently in Being There. Interesting question about the relevance of music. I think Jarvis is letting the changing media landscape confuse him. Making shows more interactive with the audience is no answer in my mind.

That Running the World song is great!

Jay said...

I may have to purchase this one. If I do, it will make its way to the Flagrant Tit Puller ...