Friday, April 13, 2007

He Called Me

I think I mentioned at one point that I applied for a job at the RnR Hall of Fame. I knew I wouldn't get it (it was a VP Position), but I thought what they hell. I called their HR to try and talk to someone with the hopes that they would have something I was actually qualified for, and long story short, they sent my number to the current VP of Education there. Turns out it's Warren Zanes of the Del Fuegos, brother of kid rock sensation Dan Zanes. He left a message on my answering machine listing all the reasons I wasn't qualified for the job. It was pretty funny.

I've been going crazy with getting the house ready to go on the market (everybody says it'll sell in no time, Jay, so I'm not nervous at all) and working on my dissertation.

4 comments:

Mike said...

You probably didn't have the right jacket or hair for the job. You're definately leaving Austin then? Forgot to mention QT's part of Grindhouse is partly set in Austin. In one of the first shots, an Alamo Draft House is in the background. Must be the one where he does his annual Quentinfest. Thanks for the Dylan, btw, neat stuff.

Jay said...

That's so cool! What were some of the reasons, if you don't mind my asking?

Dave said...

Spill....

And BTW, you probably know more about rock and roll than 95% of the people that work there.

Joe said...

I'm trying to get the technology together to record phone conversations, and if I do I'll post the voicemail message to the ftp. It was essentially that I had no museum experience, no musical background, hadn't finished my PhD...what else... oh yeah, I've never been photographed in a white fur coat for an album cover. I think that was the one that really kept me out of it.