Thursday, April 09, 2009

Belfegore



Searching for this song online has been something I've done periodically since Gore invented the internets. It was one of my very favorite songs in HS (kudos to Rob White) and I would listen to it at eardrum-damaging volume in my car. Inspired by Planet P, I went searching again and found that I'd always spelled the band's name wrong. God bless the Google and God bless the USA.

I think it still kicks, but it's much to dear to me for objectivity. Listening to it for the first time in about 20 years, suddenly it didn't seem so Thursday.

5 comments:

Jay said...

I can honestly say I never heard this song before, but I would have LOVED it in high school.

Watching the video, all I could think about was how many times the poor singer had to run by or around the drums.

Jay said...

Holy krautrock, Conny Plank produced Belfegore's second album!

Joe said...

Man, I've never even heard of these guys. Lurker, did you have the whole album, or just this single?

Mike said...

I had this and one other song on a mix tape from a friend. Never had the album, unfortunately, and I haven't been able to find it.

Dave said...

Excellent. The video made me tired. Kind of like Gary Numan with more energy, and that's a good thing.