Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Arcade Fire, the Music Video, and You

I caught the Arcade Fire in Austin and it was a great high-energy, symphonic show. I wasn't that crazy about either of the albums, but that's probably because I'm an old fart and lack the intelligence to listen to any song longer than 2:50.

They've got two great videos, though. Both are interactive, with the second, 'Black Mirror' being not only a kick ass video, but also a chance to toggle different sounds, meaning you can listen to the song with only the vocals, or with the drum tracks removed, or any other combination you choose.

Waste some time with Neon Bible here, and Black Mirror here.

3 comments:

Jay said...

Holy cow, they out Buñuel-ed Luis Buñuel in "Black Mirror."

Great song, cool video, interesting interactive listening idea.

Dave said...

I'm with Joe. I feel like I should LOVE Arcade Fire, but I'm only interested in them.

Mike said...

That Black Mirror video is really amazing. Interest but no love here, too.