Friday, February 15, 2008

An Immodest Proposal

Gentlemen, I think we should try to think of a way we could pull off the first annual Bastard Bash.

Some possible scenarios:

1) Dave and Joe drive to Washington D.C. together. Jay and Mike fly/drive/hitchhike. We get a cheap hotel in Silver Springs or something and count on Andy to put together an itinerary of fellowship, fun, and gin.

2) We congregate in Memphis, home of two esteemed members. Those of us traveling kick Lurker out of his own home and take over. Ribs are eaten, the P & H is visited and Huey's burgers are ingested. Perhaps a AAA ballgame is seen and Beale Street is scoffed at, but visited nonetheless.

3) Everyone travels to the Ryan Adams birthplace of Jacksonville, NC. Joe also happens to live there. We get a crappy beach hotel and admire beautiful sunsets while writing haiku on cocktail napkins.

So, all of those ideas are excellent you say? Then when shall we do this? I'm open to any and all suggestions. I'm free from May 20 to about June 15. Discuss.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

I think all of those ideas are excellent. I am happy to welcome you all to DC, but equally happy to hit Memphis or N.C.

Joe said...

Fuckin' hell yeah! Any of those sound good. I would say let's see if there's a show in the vicinity of any of these places that me might all want to catch, and use that as an additional criteria.

Mike said...

I've got a work trip to schedule in DC with some flexibility, probably sometime in April. Also, Memphis is always an option. My house is small, but can easily accommodate 1 couple. My sister would also be happy to house some of yous. You could meet my niece, the guitar hero shreddingest 7-year-old in the south.

This is a very good idea.

Jay said...

My bank account, kids and liver would all thank you to come here, but I could probably swing anything in the last two weeks of May.