Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen....The Rolling Stones!



I guess reading the Keef book got me all in a dither over the Stones again. My appreciation is actually much greater after reading the book. Tough to touch that quartet of defining albums (Beggar's, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile) that helped them get away from trying to follow the currents of pop music and get back to being the blues band they started out as, but I can find some charm in just about every release, especially the oft-maligned It's Only Rock and Roll. Any requests?

4 comments:

Joe said...

Funny, Dave, that's the album I've been listening to since going through their catalog again after reading Keef's book (which I LOVED!).

You don't have Big Hits and Fazed Cookies (More Hot Rocks), do you? I think I have everything else.

Mike said...

I was thinking about Mick's onstage banter when listening to Paul Stanley. I may have to read the Keef book.

Dave said...

I don't have those Joe, but I think I have a lot of the London Singles Collection.

Jay said...

How 'bout It's Only Rock 'N' Roll?