Friday, September 14, 2007

Lovely


We had an inspection on the little house we wanted to buy. Turns out that termites have not suffered the slump in the real estate market that everyone else has, especially where this house is concerned. The inspector deemed it "major structural damage" and showed us a couple of spots where you could step on the floor and potentially open up a new access point to the crawlspace. We're dropping what we're willing to pay to ridiculously low levels - so low the owners probably (and maybe hopefully) won't take it. So we're back to square one. Or maybe two, since we've got a couple of other potential places identified.

The best part is that when we went out to look at the place again after the inspection, I was walking around the house and noticed a bunch of wasps on a window. Hmm, there are a lot of wasps on that window, I thought, just as one stung me RIGHT ON THE FUCKING FOREHEAD. So that evening and the whole next day, I was uncomfortable and had a little bit of a headache, but no big deal. Until around 8pm when I looked in the mirror and noticed that my forehead was swelling around the sting spot. By around 8:45 it was starting to spread around my eyes. I iced it down and that seemed to help a little. I woke up yesterday morning and my whole face was puffy. I felt really crappy, so I did the walk-in to the Doctors office. Three hours and a steroid shot later, I walked out with a prescription for allergy medicine and slightly less discomfort.

All seems okay now. Not that you care.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Damn dude! That sincerely sucks. If you were a man, you'd have taken a pic and posted here for our ridicule. Here's to a speedy recovery on the stung-face and house-hunting fronts.

Jay said...

I'm with Dave on this one. As they say on the internets, picture or it didn't happen.

Good luck with the house hunt.

Mike said...

Damn, and I thought my week was going bad. At least I can watch videos on the blog, I don't have a terminte-infested house and my reflection isn't making goofy faces at me in the morning. I hate wasps, the little fatherfuckers. Sorry about the bad luck!

Jay said...

It's an undisputed fact that wasps are the meanest sons-a-bitches on the planet. Right there with you, Lurker ...