Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tao Of The Dead


...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead's newest. It's good. It has synthesizers and a 16 minute track that is in 5 parts. The tracks are listed by letters of the alphabet instead of numbers. There's a 14 page digital book that singer / guitarist Conrad Keely wrote and illustrated (he also did the cover -- again with the talented people). I think I sat next to the girl on page 14 of the book on a plane on my way to ACL a couple of years ago. No, seriously. Buy me a beer someday and I'll tell you about it.

Fear The Post-Modern.

6 comments:

Jay said...

Cool! Thank ye, sir.

Mike said...

Thank you much. I'd almost buy this for the cover art. When was the last time anyone could say that about a CD? (Skeletal Lamping, anyone?)

Dave said...

What is this, fucking Rush? If so, I'm just fine with it....

Matt said...

heard of them but never heard them. will give it a try

Eric said...

Never heard of 'em. I'm the viking of lame.

Jay said...

I remember they got in trouble for smashing out the front window of the Young Avenue Deli when they played there a few years ago. (The stage is adjacent to the front window.)