Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wilco- the Show





Great, great show at the DPAC last night. During 'Poor Place' the crew came on and set up an entirely new drum set, etc. and they played several songs acoustically before transitioning seamlessly back into the full electric stuff. For my money, the best live act on the planet right now. They also played a Big Star cover in honor of AC.

Wilco (The Song), Bull Black Nova, You Are My Face, I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, At Least That's What You Said, Deeper Down, Handshake Drugs, Side with the Seeds, She's a Jar, I'll Fight, Impossible Germany, Summerteeth, California Stars, Poor Place, Spiders (Kidsmoke)*, Forget the Flowers*, When the Roses Bloom Again*, War on War*, When You Wake Up Feeling Old*, Laminated Cat*, Passenger Side*, Airline to Heaven, A Shot in the Arm, Hate It Here, Heavy Metal Drummer, You Never Know, Jesus, Etc., Walken, I'm the Man Who Loves You, Thank You, Friends^, Via Chicago, Hoodoo Voodoo, I'm a Wheel


Notes: * Acoustic, ^ Big Star Cover

And some video from the show:





4 comments:

Mike said...

I would love to see Wilco live, what a great touch on Thank You Friends!

Joe said...

I've only ever seen them with Nels (never with the camel). They really are phenomenal, and now they have such a huge catalog to pull from. Wish I would've taken the opportunity to see them when they were down here.

Did I ever tell you I saw them record an episode of Austin City Limits? Yeah, I thought I did.

Dave said...

My previous shows were years ago- Being There and Yankee Hotel tours. They were great then, but this lineup is the shit. Reminded me of seeing Ryan Adams and the Cardinals a few years ago- just a top notch combo firing on all cylinders and having almost a psychic connection in their playing. There's also a very appealing confidence that comes across when a band knows they are great.

Jay said...

You said it, Dave. The coolest thing about The Beatles appearance on Ed Sullivan is the confidence they exude knowing they're the shit.