Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Couple More New Ones




I Forgot To Post these last week what with Alex going to the great gig in the sky and all that. I was looking at my record collection the other day and realized that most of the albums I have physically purchased are weird shit that none of my friends would buy, so I wouldn't have the option of taping / swapping. Hence, I own every one of Pete Townshend's solo albums, but I have very few actual Who albums in my collection (except of course the essentials - Who's Next and Quadrophenia - Fuck You, Dave).

Anyway, continuing that trend, I offer "I'm New Here" by the recently de-prisoned Gil Scott Heron (I've been a fan for years), "Imidiwan: Companions" by Tinariwen (smoke a bowl and turn it up - you'll get it), and more along the lines of what we're used to here, Ted Leo and his Pharmacists' "Brutalist Bricks" (does Matador count as 'major label?').

I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

3 comments:

Jay said...

Okay, that's actually THREE new ones.

Dave said...

Excellence. I dig having the chance to hear the GSH and the TL albums, and will give the other one a spin, but without the dope. Also, I LOVE Who's Next. I just think the rest of their oeuvre is overrated. (Proof: Super Bowl). The Song is Over is one of my all time faves.

Mike said...

Who's Tommy has a certain something, but they rolled a lot of forgettable stuff, no doubt.

Great getting these new albums, thanks Joe! Look forward to hearing them, especially Ted.