Saturday, November 21, 2009

New album preview...



I've Found The Patience to upload roughs of all the new songs in the proposed running order. I'd dig some honest feedback regarding the running order. Songs are still fairly rough (and some are even missing some recent additions) but they're getting there. 'Off White Wedding' and 'Can't See You Anymore' now have horn sections and I recorded a new solo on 'Everything Was Fine' but these parts aren't on here yet. Jamie added some killer pedal steel and guitar to 'Natchez' and 'Heart's on a String' and blew my mind. Those parts are on here. Feedback people- and don't blow sunshine up my ass.

9 comments:

Jay said...

I'm on it!

Joe said...

Awesome. Can't wait to give it a spin, Dave.

Mike said...

Looking forward to listening to it tonight, thanks!

Mike said...

Sorry about the anal sunshine, but Motel Darkness is my new favorite song.

I think the CD gets better as it goes along. I thought the production was a bit muddled on Disconnected, and the rhythm is muffled on Cindy -- and that's too good of a song not to get EXACTLY right. It's strong through and through, a fuckin' great CD! I'll be listening to the hell out of it! Drug is a fine coda, by the way.

Dave said...

Points well taken and thank you. Disconnected has already been remixed with a stronger opening, louder guitar, and keys pushed up for the solo. For Cindy, are you talking about guitars or the rhythm section? This is just the kind of feedback I'm looking for!

Mike said...

I thought the drums on Cindy sounded a little muted, but I'd like to hear what Jay thinks (first time for everything).

Joe said...

It's really good, Dave. Everything Was fine, Blank 4 and Cindy are classic DB numbers and the slower songs are really pretty (I have a gift for words). Not much to criticize outside of the production. I think you could punch up the bass and the drums are hard to hear sometimes (Disconnected, Cindy). Can't wait to hear the final version.

Mike said...

I like the title and album cover (I won't stop calling it that), too.

Jay said...

I think the sequencing is fine and the mixes are really coming along.

My only criticism is that I would like to hear the snare cut through a little more on some of these, particularly on "Disconnected." (This may be because of how the drums had to be mic'ed, I dunno.)

"Blank" is probably the best of the bunch in that regard.

Sounding good, Dave!