Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Imaginary Monsters



This scene from The Legend of Boggy Creek scared the living hell out of me when I was little, haunting the late night bathrooms of my youth. To see it now, I can't believe it's the same scene. My memory and youthful imagination had the creature dramatically crashing through the window, hairy arms grasping for the fellow on the pot beating an absurd retreat. It makes me wonder what other movies, stories, situations and grade school teachers that I remember as horrifying were actually nothing.

1 comment:

Joe said...

I remember a TV movie from back in the '70s called 'Trilogy of Terror.' There was a little Tiki Doll that comes to life and terrorizes this woman. I was paralyzed with fear. Especially when my old man would sneak around the house making the noise the evil doll made to scare the crap out of me.