Thursday, October 02, 2008

I Swear I'm Not Palin Obsessed


Matt Taibbi, in a Rolling Stone article posted today, sees the rage in my heart and dissects it with laser precision. (My rage, not my heart.) My fellow bastards, this is not to be missed.

Here's a piece:
Palin belongs to a church whose pastor, Ed Kalnins, believes that all criticisms of George Bush "come from hell," and wondered aloud if people who voted for John Kerry could be saved. Kalnins, looming as the answer to Obama's Jeremiah Wright, claims that Alaska is going to be a "refuge state" for Christians in the last days, last days which he sometimes speaks of in the present tense. Palin herself has been captured on video mouthing the inevitable born-again idiocies, such as the idea that a recent oil-pipeline deal was "God's will." She also described the Iraq War as a "task that is from God" and part of a heavenly "plan." She supports teaching creationism and "abstinence only" in public schools, opposes abortion even for victims of rape, has denied the science behind global warming and attends a church that seeks to convert Jews and cure homosexuals.
Read it here.

6 comments:

Joe said...

Letterman's Things Overheard at Palin Debate Camp:

10. "Let's practice your bewildered silence."

9. "Can you try saying 'yes' instead of 'you betcha'?"

8. "Hey, I can see Mexico from here!"

7. "Maybe we'll get lucky and there won't be any questions about Iraq, taxes or healthcare."

6. "We're screwed!"

5. "Can I just use that lipstick-pit bull thing again?"

4. "We have to wrap it up for the day -- McCain eats dinner at 4:30."

3. "Can we get Congress to bail us out of this debate?"

2. "John Edwards wants to know if you'd like some private tutoring in his van."

1. "Any way we can just get Tina Fey to do it?"

Dave said...

Excellent. I'm looking forward to tonight. Because I'm sleeping with Palin.

Mike said...

Great article, Jay, thanks!

Jay said...

That Top Ten is a gutbuster.

Joe said...

Dave, who are you NOT sleeping with? I mean other than me?

Jay said...

Me! Well, not anymore ...