Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Whichever one of you Bastards is in charge of the birthday calendar, you *&^%$ it up again!



I'm 41! Officially in my 'late' forties! For 8 more years! I celebrated by purchasing the following CDs:

Weezer (Red Album)
Nick Cave (The Boatman's Call)
The Replacements (Stink reissue)

Carry on! I'm off to Asheville tomorrow to start recording my new album. First full-fledged, full-band thing since Anyface days. What songs am I recording, Jay? I'm so glad you asked:

Dry September
Blank
Disconnected
Off-White Wedding
Do You Doubt?
Her Heart's on a String
She's After Me
How Do You Get to Heaven from Natchez, MS?
Less Than Friends
I Can't See you Anymore
Everything Was Fine
Cindy Don't Slum

We'll have keyboard and lap steel whiz Adam from N.O. on board as well as an accordionist, trumpet player and female singers!

5 comments:

Jay said...

Holy shit, didn't you just have one of those?! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dave! You actually look a lot better in the photo than I thought you would.

Break a leg, you old fucker. I expect to have full access to the roughs.

Joe said...

My god, 41?!!! Isn't it about time you started recording standards records where you do old Cole Porter songs and stuff like that?

Dave said...

Actually I considered an all Iggy Pop covers album. But I'm not cool enough.

Jay said...

I beg to differ, and would actually really like to hear that.

Mike said...

Welcome to 41, an honor we'll share for 4 months, and I can't wait to hear your latest musical adventure! Love the title, Off-white Wedding!