Saturday, March 08, 2008

By the time I get to Phoenix

Here, from our friends at I Am Fuel, You Are Friends, is a pretty cool video of Noel Gallagher of Oasis performing his mega-hit Wonderwall, but covering the arrangment of the song that Ryan Adams featured on his album Love is Hell.



Here's Ryan's version. Not much to look at, but you'll be able to hear what Noel was going for.



And here's Oasis live, playing the more familiar version.



By the way, Noel has said that he doesn't want to perform the song anymore unless its the Ryan Adams version. Evidently he said that's the way the song needed to be. There's an mp3 of the Noel version at the Fuel blog.
I'm off to Phoenix for a few days of R and R with the folks. I'm putting Joe in charge of supervising Jay who in turn will mentor Lurker who will oversee Andrew.

5 comments:

Jay said...

Have a good trip.

Mike said...

Wow, Ryan's version, definitely.

Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew said...

For those interested, my recent silence has been due to Lurker taking Dave's instructions a little seriously and yelling at me to "Shut up you. Just keep quiet is all. Oh yeah? Well Dave put me in charge so just shut the hell up, dammit . . .

Also, seriously, the Ryan Adams version of this song is truly awful, and the Gallagher version is even worse. Great song ruined in my shameless, early Oasis luvin' view. Gallagher, and more to the point Dave, have been smoking too much Patsy Kensit if you ask me. I don't even like Wonderwall that much, but I remember liking it when it came out, and this is a bit like walking in on my mother in law singing Jesse's Girl naked while doing dangerous things to Elliot Spitzer with a golf cart, riding crop, and a case of pink grapefruit.

Joe said...

I would LOVE to smoke a little Patsy Kensit. And would it make you feel better to know that your mother-in-law was making upwards of $4K while doing those things to Spitzer?