Friday, April 14, 2006

House Hunting

Okay guys, sorry I've been neglecting my blog duties, but the wife and I have been looking for a new abode. There's still a lot of things up in the air, but if everything goes according to our tentative plan, we'll be moving to G'town this summer. (There goes my life-long Memphibian status.) We don't even have our current home on the market yet, so we're going the scary-as-hell bridge loan route, wherein we'll have our original mortgage, our new mortgage, and a third loan until we sell our home. Fun times, but we'll try to push the closing date and hope for the best.

I had my usual stress dream last night, so it's official now.

3 comments:

Joe said...

I'd get them to fix that roof before you close the deal.
Georgetown, huh...? I guess if you're white, you must make the flight.

Dave said...

Wow! I mean WOW! And what, pray tell, is prompting this move to the Bushy White Burbs?

Jay said...

Mainly, it's our hellacious commutes. After the move, I'll be about ten minutes from work, and S. will knock about ten or 15 minutes off her time. Plus, if we land where we want, it's a quieter neighborhood in a cove - better for the kids.