Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Death By Sexy ...

Hey, it's a 2 for Tuesday! Let's just say it's a little slow today. NPR's All Songs Considered podcast hipped me to this album. All hail Bob Boilen! (Yes, I'm a dork. And your point, sir?)

Anyways, Queens of the Stone Age guitarist/singer Josh Homme plays drums in Eagles of Death Metal as Carlo Von Sexron. The new album, Death By Sexy ..., drops April 11th. The song that I heard is called "I Want You So Hard (Boys Bad News)," and this is what fast, loose rock 'n' roll is supposed to sound like. It helps that these guys are obviously having fun. I hope the rest of the album is this infectious ...

Says lead singer Jesse "Boots Electric" Hughes:


"I'd rather be compared to someone I love than try to make something different. I just want to make Little Richard proud."

Amen and amen.

Download "I Want You So Hard (Boys Bad News)."

Visit the Eagles of Death Metal website
.

No comments: