Wednesday, October 02, 2013

So I Saw This...

And it was great.  There's a boot of it up on the ftp site.  The band came out in matching western shirts and orange (really orange) cowboy hats, with Paul and Tommy wearing pink skirts.  They then proceeded to rip it to shreds for 25 or so songs, including Shiftless When Idle, Can't Hardly Wait, I Will Dare, Borstal Breakout and others.  Paul came out on drums for a shambolic encore (Tommy on guitar, drummer Freese on bass) that made stabs at Hootenanny, Detroit Rock City and Substitute (Paul did his best Daltrey until the mike broke, which he promptly tossed out to the audience). It was all brilliant.  I should also mention that I enjoyed Iggy and the Stooges, Superchunk, GBV, Rocket From the Crypt, some other bands I can't remember, and legalized marijuana.  That will probably be my last travel to a show for awhile.  At least until the next one.

5 comments:

Jay said...

Cool! I REALLY hope The Replacements put together a little mini-tour and head this way. I saw them back in 1991, but I would LOVE to see a career-spanning set like this one.

Eric said...

Joe, you hired the Mats for Dave's wedding, right?

Dave said...

Super jealous/happy for you. Love the boots of these shows.

Mike said...

Nice report, I'll check out the boots, thanks!

Joe said...

Eric, I did book them. You each owe me $25k.