Saturday, October 12, 2013

On Location



So I'm just minding my bastard business one day recently when the above note appears on my door. I speak to a representative from Night Train Productions, and they're interested in using my old relatively undisturbed barn for a NASCAR ESPN Race for the Chase promo featuring country music artist Gretchen Wilson.

As Ms. Wilson has never appeared on Rock 'n' Roll Snob, I of course had never heard of her. But I'm informed that she's a grammy-winning singer whose most famous song is Redneck Woman.
10 million views.

So they filmed this past week. I expect all y'all to watch NASCAR and to whoop out when ya see ma barn.

Can't. Make. This. Shit. Up.

6 comments:

Mike said...

That is crazy! First, that you have a barn. Who the hell has a barn? I would've thought that less likely than one of you bastards having a spaceship or a fetus twin brother in your stomach. A barn! Looking forward to witnessing its 15 minutes of NASCAR promo fame.

Jay said...

I'd love to watch it but I recently got rid of cable ...

Joe said...

That's crazy. Did you meet her? Was the guy scouting locations in the third grade? You have a barn? Is there an old car in there that's in really great shape, but hasn't moved since the 50s?

Mike said...

A gleaming red Barchetta from a better, vanished time?

Dave said...

Barn! This is awesome! Except it's NASCAR. Redneck.

Eric said...

Mike: as a TN resident, you're required to own a barn and at least one twangy stringed musical instrument. It's a law that's rarely enforced, but you might a receive a "Notice of Non-Compliance".
Jay and Matt insist they're exempt from this law because they can name the guest stars from every single episode of "Hee-Haw".

Jay: you're a brave, brave man. If I could wean myself from live sports, I would join you. I'll try to find my barn promo on the interwebs and post it here.

Joe: that was actually the handwriting of an adult woman. They filmed on a weekday when I was working, so I never met the talent. There's no awesome vintage car in there, but there was an old truck engine that I gave to my contractor.

Dave: tell me the smallest town you've ever lived in, and we'll play a game of "who's the bigger redneck?"