Tuesday, January 05, 2010

A Wii bit thinner...


So back in August Caroline decided to invest in Wii Fit. I was glad as I've gained a pretty decent amount of weight in the last four or five years. Since August 10, I've dropped almost 25 pounds. The Wii fit workouts in and of themselves don't do too much in terms of major calorie burning, but they do help with flexibility and can provide a decent aerobic workout. The key thing that helped me was the ability to set goals and weigh in every day. I ride a stationary bike most mornings and do a short Wii workout when I can in the afternoons.

I didn't change what I eat or drink, I just modified the amounts and tried to be smarter about processed foods. I don't really eat fast food or snack much, and I usually avoid soft drinks, so that part was easy. It feels great to be having to buy smaller pants. And while I'm not down to my Memphis era fighting weight, it feels good to be a whole lot thinner.

The other fun thing has been getting into some of the other Wii games. I just got Tomb Raider, which is going to challenge my ability to wear those smaller pants.

5 comments:

Joe said...

When did you get a scooter?

Jay said...

Damn Joe, beat me to the punch.

Congrats, Dave!

Joe said...

Madden NFL on the Wii is awesome, btw.

Jay said...

How much weight have you gained sitting on the couch playing that?

Mike said...

Man, I so need to do this, too. Keep up the good work and inspire me!