Friday, January 08, 2010

Special Delivery!




Fuck The Pandas, we've got honeybears!

I got a Barnes & Noble gift card for Xmas and naturally spent it on music. Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears are new R&B revivalists, but that description sells them short. I saw them in NC and at ACL and they're great.

Monsters of Folk is Jim James (MMJ), Connor Oberst (Bright Eyes), M. Ward (solo and She & Him), and Mike Mogis (I don't know who he is). It's um...folky, but not in a bad way.

Finally, because I needed to spend another $3 to get free shipping, there's 'Toys In the Attic.' You could do worse.

3 comments:

Jay said...

Thanks, Matt!

Dave said...

You're awesome Mike. I have been looking forward to hearing the MOF album.

Mike said...

I just spent 36 hours driving in the past week and so I'm in need of some new music. Thanks!