Friday, May 29, 2009

Web Geek Humor


This made me laugh out loud, but I should probably explain that IE6 is the shitty, antiquated browser that wouldn't die. It follows virtually no established browser standards, therefore making something that should be relatively simple these days - building a website - extremely time-consuming and difficult. (Never mind that Microsoft is on IE8 now, for Christ's sake.) Just Google "ie6 sucks" when you're bored for one IE6 nightmare after another.

There's all kinds of hacks and work-arounds to make it render correctly, and even a grassroots campaign to destroy it once and for all. Hours upon hours upon hours have been wasted on this steaming chunk of shit.

The horror, the horror ...

1 comment:

Mike said...

Reminds me of how so many of the programmers I work with love to show me how Linux can do anything Windows can do better, only, well OK, that didn't work, but I probably just need to download an app..

In fairness, Linux boots in a second and does lots of things well, but I do see people taking Rube Goldberg routes to make non-Windows processing work.

I hate MS in many ways, but it's almost like hating English: WTF is the alternative?

IE6 users should just give it up and get Firefox.